Packing Tips from Removal Masters
If you are packing up your property yourself, please follow these tips…
- Pack a room at a time, labeling each box with details of its contents and where it should be placed in your new home e.g. kitchen, bathroom, garage visibly mark “Fragile” on the outer surface of cartons do not mark all boxes with fragile only boxes which actually have fragile items inside. Be as detailed as you can it will make unpacking a good deal easier.
- Do not use packing tape directly on polished or painted wood surfaces. As removing the packing tape could spoil the surface.
- It is an idea to tape a sign on rooms in new house with names so corresponding boxes can be placed directly in these rooms.
- Remember to keep the load of your boxes sensible if possible to avoid any back injuries, put heavy objects in small boxes to make them easier to carry. Place lighter items in bigger boxes.
- Pack most important papers together, for instance birth and marriage certificates passports, and keep them in a safe place.
- Prior to packing cartons, you’ll need to wrap most items to guard them from scratching and shatter.
- Support the bottom of boxes with adhesive packing tape, Fill boxes securely and pack well to prevent the contents from moving during your move. Close up boxes securely with packing tape. Boxes should be no more than 30kg in weight
- Group records and CDs vertically in boxes do not stack them flat. Place weighty items in the bottom of the box and lighter items at the top. Detach tops and lids from jars and china and wrap them separately. Fasten any opened boxes and bottles before packing them to prevent spills and seepage.
- Where appropriate mark boxes that need to be a certain way up by marking the box with “THIS WAY UP”.
- Please remember to inform the Removal Masters if you have any special items, such as; plants, paintings, antiques, wine collections, pianos or any unusual large objects so that special arrangements can be made.
- There are a selection of supplies which can be obtained from Removal Masters including bubble wrap, foam peanuts and tissue paper (at an additional cost).
- Removal Masters do offer a packing service, please refer to our website for more information, or simply call us for a packing quote.
For more information on a how to book your removal and packing with us click here